For fantasy and otherworldly topics.

Moderator: Site Leaders

[TO BE MOVED] A Proposition

Postby Kamikaze_X » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:00 pm

Hey, hi, it's me. Kami. I'm here to make a creative proposition concerning this wonderful new RP-To-End-All-RPs for us:

Let's all come up with ideas on our own time—we can start 'concepting' on our own and then after a week or so, we can come back together to have one big brainstorming session. I have a lot of ideas swimming around in my head—between resurrecting old ideas, and entirely new ideas—so I'd like the time to gather those thoughts and put some ink to paper.... or I guess fingers to keyboard?

Nevertheless, this will give each of us time to play around with our own ideas, settings, types of worlds, and bring it to the table. While we all agree on the fantasy genre, we're all interested in something fresh and new. We've all played the typical "We start at a tavern" fantasy games where we band together to defeat [insert bad guy here]. Let's take the time to think about what we all want out of our FINAL RP, and then come together to discuss.

Guaranteed that once there are a bunch of creative ideas flowing, it'll be that much easier to make a good decision as to where we want to go with this.

Thoughts? Post 'em here. After all, this is a forum.
Kamikaze_X
Old Member, New Handle
Group: Administrators

Re: [TO BE MOVED] A Proposition

Postby ThElderGod » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:07 pm

I agree, and fully support the notion. Maybe we will set up a forum next week for everyone to lay out their ideas, and then we can pick and choose from there what ideas we like. After that point, I suggest since there is so many of us, that we elect a few creative leads, whom are proven reliable and experienced with piecing together a world and its history while taking suggestions from the rest of the remnant (those who have returned.). In this way, all ideas will be heard, and we know we can get the Roleplay created in a way that we can all enjoy it. That way the bulk of the work will get done in no time and we won't be dragging our knuckles waiting for 10+ people to do their share. Thoughts?

Suggested Process:
Brainstorm Ideas
Elect Creative Leads
(Leads) Delegate and Discern ideas
Get the RP up and Running
ThElderGod
Impervious Scholar
Group: The Remnant

Postby MirkwoodArcher » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:38 am

I concur. We definitely need time to brainstorm on our own and then come together with some ideas. We will for sure also create some blank forum boards for all of our discussions/propositions.

Long live the ferret. :ferret:
MirkwoodArcher
Founder of CCB
Group: Site Leaders

Postby Archon » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:21 pm

This sounds great TEG...I like your suggested workflow.

I myself have no need to be a creative lead, I'm just excited to see what you guys come up with.
~ Signature by DazUki on DeviantArt
Site Leader
Archon
The watchful guardian

Postby Samus1111111 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:02 pm

I LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!

The workflow sounds great. My question at the moment is how much of the framework is planned? You've said fantasy, but is the desire to do something completely new or work in an existing world (Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, something a bit less mainstream, etc)?
Samus1111111
Harbringer of Doom
Group: The Remnant

Highscores: 25

Postby Archon » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:04 pm

I believe that there will be world building involved.
~ Signature by DazUki on DeviantArt
Site Leader
Archon
The watchful guardian

Postby Kamikaze_X » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:38 pm

Though I'm sure most of you are aware by now, I'll clarify a few things regarding all this.

#1: Currently, there is NO GAME that has been decided upon. So far, only one concept has been brought to the table (Mine and Chef's game idea), BUT we're still waiting on other game concepts from which we can choose to all participate in.

#2: Insofar as the concept that is currently being widely discussed on Slack, it's name will be Strings of Fate. The basic premise is that it is a massive, player-designed world in which our characters will all run through their own stories, while an overarching plotline will inevitably bring everyone together into one large group. The plotline, setting, and characters may be inspired by various other works, however this game will be entirely original.

#3: For SoF, I and Chef have been working on our own world-building, which includes nations and characters. This is more pre-developmental than anything, since again, this game has yet to even be considered for hosting here. It's simply a concept.

THIS BEING SAID—for everyone else's concepts, you can certainly bring games inspired by and set in another fantasy's setting or world. Some of the best games I've been a part of have been original stories told within an established world; such as Tamriel from The Elder Scrolls, or Westeros from Game of Thrones. The only requirement is that you all be creative and come up with a game that you think everyone could have fun with.

It's also understood that there are members who prefer other genres over fantasy. We chose fantasy based on initial taste, and that some of us (myself included) enjoy working in a fantasy setting more than others. But, we've all played games in other genres and have had just as much fun—so go nuts! If you want to create a sci-fi game, or a supernatural thriller, go right ahead. The end goal is to make a good game, regardless of its genre.

In closing, should we start following TEG's proposed workflow, we're still in the "BRAINSTORMING IDEAS" phase of all this. ...So brainstorm away, people!
Kamikaze_X
Old Member, New Handle
Group: Administrators

Forum Statistics