The forum for all other games.

Moderators: Site Leaders, Gaming Corner Leaders, Gaming Corner Staff

Re: Starcraft II

Postby Dant » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:07 am

Let's back to conversation about SC2, well...i've done 13 mission so far(already making two important choice) do you think it'll effect anything on laterly expansion "Heart of Swarm" ?
You take out a debt, it's only a matter of time before someone comes collecting.
Dant
1st Recon Sniper
Group: Administrators

Postby Gfire » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:46 pm

The important choices don't effect anything permanently, as far as I can tell. And you can go back and redo any missions you want.

I finished it yesterday, but there's still one mission I haven't done yet because I chose the other way.

I found the Protoss mini-campaign fun.
Gfire
Group: Members

Highscores: 4

Postby Dant » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:58 am

Indeed, but i meant about storyline, i've made two choice already(choosing side)

"side with Protoss to purify the Heaven", "side with Tosh and gain Spectre unit"

It doesn't make any sense, at least, in my book. If player already made those choice whice obviously have something to do with storyline, though "Heart of Swarm" will be focus on Zerg and Kerrigan story, but--from the look of it, seem like it's taking place right after story in "Wing of Liberty"

And those choice(about choosing side) suppose to be carried or effect story, but then again, it's RTS not RPG game, i'm probably expect too much but that just my opinion.
You take out a debt, it's only a matter of time before someone comes collecting.
Dant
1st Recon Sniper

Postby Gfire » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:35 pm

No, the thing is, the major parts of the story are pre-defined, it's not something you can change. Those choices don't make much difference in the rest of the campaign, other than allowing you to unlock different tech. I don't think any of it will carry over to the expansions, though. You can replay the campaign as many times as you want and a choice is not tied to your account, just for the rest of that campaign. Personally I prefer this, not allowing the player to alter the story too greatly. That would be weird for Starcraft.
Gfire

Postby Dant » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:07 am

True, that make sense.
Dant
1st Recon Sniper

Postby Gfire » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:12 pm

I don't think they would allow Starcraft to go too far outside it's original state, unlike Warcraft, which they've allowed to evolve greatly over the years. Perhaps we'll see something like that in Warcraft 4, which would be fun and interesting for an RTS. I'm interested to see what kind of effect WoW will have on a future Warcraft RTS. I think Cataclysm will allow for a fresh setting to start wc4 in.
Gfire

Postby Dant » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:59 pm

I woudn't expect to see another "RTS" warcraft, they get alot of money from WoW, and since laterly--Blizzard mess with "warcraft" storyline. It won't be good base for any of future "warcraft" game. Though i've to agree with you about Cataclysm will be good fresh start for "warcraft 4" but its very unlikely.

We'll see, at any rate

Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQsumSJN-Y8
Last edited by Dant on Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dant
1st Recon Sniper

Postby Gfire » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:21 am

At Blizzcon last year someone from Blizzard accidentally leaked or mentioned something relating to Warcraft 4. Even if they hadn't, I would highly doubt that Blizzard would stop making Warcraft RTSs.

Warcraft III is still a huge, second only to Starcraft I believe.
Gfire

Postby Dant » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:51 am

Blizzard had story about cancel project, there's several game, many of previous project that have been cancel already, even though its been leaked or even half of progress complete, for example. "Starcraft: Ghost" "Warcraft Adventures: Lord of the Clans", things are uncertain--you might be fully right there as well as fully wrong about it.

Still, i've to agree with that, game itself and it community still around. I'm pretty sure they're focus on "Warcraft" story show it universe in RPG game more than RTS, it's always better than telling story about whole universe in "RTS game", talk about storyline :P

And WoW community isn't that small and Blizzard can earn alot of money from it.
Dant
1st Recon Sniper

Postby Gfire » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:47 pm

That's a good point, it could be canceled. But they seem to cancel weird spin-off games, not continuation of a series. Certainly possible, though.

I think if they have developers who want to work on it when they're done with current games (probably Stacraft 2, maybe Diablo 3,) they will go for it.

Yeah, it would be a great opportunity to get WoW players into RTSs, which can't be a bad thing. A lot of people have never tried and RTS and might like them. (idk what that's like exactly, though, when I first tried Age of Empires II when I was 6, I was hooked.)
Gfire

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics